The Hero, Maida Vale
Ducalian Capital identified an opportunity to acquire and re-develop a freehold pub in Prime Central London.
Having successfully acquired our third freehold pub in Clerkenwell in April 2016 we felt the acquisition of a prime freehold property in Maida Vale, London represented an excellent opportunity to invest in leisure assets.
The Truscott Arms was an award winning gastropub generating almost £2m in annual revenue.
The Management Team believed they could add additional value by unlocking the upper floors and rear garden for alternative uses. Furthermore, Maida Vale is an affluent residential suburb within Prime Central London and the experienced Management Team that were assembled believed the Property would benefit from a good mix of corporate and residential customers given its central location.
• EIS-qualifying trade backed by freehold real estate
• Previously a successful gastropub generating significant levels of revenue and EBITDAR
• Opportunity for development to generate significant added value
• Buoyant leisure market in central London
• Target Raise £5,000,000
• Date site acquired April 2017
• Date site opened April 2018
• Equity raised £5,900,000